Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What makes India...INDIA

I started a list about a week after arriving in Chennai called "what makes India...INDIA" in my journal. I have a half hour until I officially leave for the airport to start my journey to Buenos Aires and I figured it would be fitting to post the list. So here goes:

- head bob (it can mean yes, no, maybe, etc)
- Vanakkam
- Dal
- dosas
- Paati
- Sambar
- chutney - coconut is my fave
- "it is very good for health"
- toilets - holes in the ground (good quad workout)
- Kollywood
- Bollywood
- Rupees
- malas
- Siddha/Ayurveda
- bindis
- sarees
- Yoga on the roof of my appa and amma's home
- SO much noise
- mosquitoes/ mosquito zapping tennis racket thing
- drastically different cities/states
- blaring speakers from the temples starting at 5am
- tea and cookies every hour
- rickshaws
- GOA
- TAJ MAHAL
- "taxi? taxi?"
- the stares I get walking down the street, even though I feel like a local
- LOVE
- colors everywhere
- the hospitality and love and generosity I have received from my amma and appa

The list can go on forever. I am so thankful for my experience here, I cannot even put it into words. I said my final goodbyes to Amma and Appa tonight at our farewell dinner. They both teared up and soon I was getting emotional too. Even though I met them only a month ago, they are the biggest reason for my happiness and comfort in this crazy city. Can't wait to see them in Boston soon (hopefully).

Off to Argentina now, and I am so excited for a new city, new people, new vibes, new dress code, new everything! With Argentina comes a fresh new attitude and I can't wait to see what comes from the next month. 

OKAY time to go to the airport. VAMOS BUENOS AIRES! AY AY AY! 
Hasta luego mis amigos!

BESOS,

READY TO GO TO BA (jk)



1 comment:

  1. Have a safe trip hokis! Love you always and forever.
    Xo
    Mama

    ReplyDelete