Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ready

"If you want to feel secure, do what you already know how to do. If you want to be a true student and want to continue to grow...go to the cutting edge of your competence, which means a temporary loss of security. So whenever you don't quite know what you're doing, know that you are growing." - Madeline Hunter

A good friend and former IHPer included this quote in a lovely letter she wrote me with some final advice for my trip. Right now, as I lay in bed, heart racing, eyes wide open, the night before my flight to New Orleans, it is this quote that is comforting me. I have never been this nervous and I definitely feel a temporary loss of security right now, but I know this is exactly how I should be feeling the night before I begin my journey.

I couldn't have asked for a better last week home. I spent an amazing few days in Boston with my best friends and came back home to a final two days with my family and friends in NYC. I knew a breakdown was coming at one point, and when it happened, on my last night in Boston, I realized I am just so happy with where I am right now. I am leaving my "home life" just how I want it to be, making it that much better to come back to later, and I am about to embark on this incredible and indescribable experience. It was definitely hard saying bye, but while four months seems like forever right now, it is going to fly and technology allows me to never be too far away.

My flight to New Orleans is at 7 am and you better bet the whole Atamian family is coming to make a scene at the airport, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm all packed and still can't believe I managed to fit four months of clothes, shoes, a mini pharmacy, etc in one luggage. I decided my first picture in my blog should be of my new, super cute, "sesame seed" phone that I will be using abroad. (Don't worry I'm bringing my iphone too!)

For those of you that would like to keep in touch I will be using whatsapp messenger and you can email me at elisa.atamian@gmail.com.

Despite the nerves, I feel happy, excited, and mostly READY. I'm ready to see what the world has in store for me. "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Let the journ-E begin!!

SEE YOU SOON,
E xo

3 comments:

  1. Love this little sesame seed! Glad I could provide a little bit of comfort, get ready for a beautiful adventure darling! I'll be following every step of the way... Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so ready, so capable and an exquisite writer. I am beaming with pride and joy for you. Where you are is just where you should be--the stars have certainly aligned for you. Good luck my sweet, precious little.

    “It is better to travel well than to arrive” – Buddha

    Love, Ray

    ReplyDelete